Dear Pack 883 Families,
It is time to re-charter our pack with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA). As a part of this process, each Scout and leader must register for the coming year. The annual fee payment to Pack 883 is comprised of three components. Although the dues represent three distinctly different things (and cover different periods of time), we collect them all at the same time – in the Fall of each Cub Scout year.
- National Dues – this fee is paid to the Boy Scouts of America and registers the Cub Scout for the period from January through December.
- For 2012, the National Dues are $16 per Cub Scout per year.
- The Pack pays the National Dues for each registered leader
- Boys’ Life – this is the monthly magazine of the Boy Scouts of America. It’s a great magazine that reinforces Scouting and the good family values that are part of our program. Registration for Boys’ Life is optional. For more information, visit: www.boyslife.org
- Registration for Boys’ Life is $12 per year.
- Pack Fee – Pack 883 charges an annual Pack Fee to cover the cost of running the Pack, including t-shirts, training, advancement, and program costs. The fee is set each year by the Pack Committee. The Pack Fee covers the period from September through August of each year.
- For Webelos II Cub Scouts (who will bridge in March), the 2011/2012 Pack Fee has been set at $50 per boy.
- For Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos I Cub Scouts, the 2011/2012 Pack Fee has been set at $75 per boy.
- As an incentive for selling popcorn (our major fundraiser), families can receive a $5 reduction in the Pack Fee for every $100 in popcorn sold. (You must sell $100 to qualify for this deduction.)
Families can use Martin’s cards proceeds to offset the all or part of the registration costs. In order to make the Scouting Program available to everyone, the Pack has a Campership Program for those families who find these registration costs to be outside of their means. See the Pack website for more information (www.bsapack883.org).
Your recharter package must be turned in at the October Pack Meeting – if you do not turn in your materials at the October meeting, you will not be re-registered with the Pack. We will set up a collection station specifically for recharter materials. This will allow your materials to be reviewed so that any mistakes can be caught and so that any questions can be answered on site.
Recharter Package: Recharter Letter 2011-2012 – 09212011