Dear Pack 883 Families,
It is time to re-charter our pack with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA). As a part of this process, each Scout and leader must register for the coming year. The annual fee payment to Pack 883 is comprised of three components. Although the dues represent three distinctly different things (and cover different periods of time), we collect them all at the same time – in the Fall of each Cub Scout year.
- National Dues – this fee is paid to the Boy Scouts of America and registers the Cub Scout for the period from January through December.
- For 2011, the National Dues are $16 per Cub Scout per year.
- The Pack pays the National Dues for each registered leader
- Boys’ Life – this is the monthly magazine of the Boy Scouts of America. It’s a great magazine that reinforces Scouting and the good family values that are part of our program. Registration for Boys’ Life is optional. For more information, visit: www.boyslife.org
- Registration for Boys’ Life is $12 per year.
- Pack Fee – Pack 883 charges an annual Pack Fee to cover the cost of running the Pack, including t-shirts, training, advancement, and program costs. The fee is set each year by the Pack Committee. The Pack Fee covers the period from September through August of each year.
- For Webelos II Cub Scouts (who will bridge in March), the 2010/2011 Pack Fee has been set at $50 per boy.
- For Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos I Cub Scouts, the 2010/2011 Pack Fee has been set at $75 per boy.
- As an incentive for selling popcorn (our major fundraiser), families can receive a $5 reduction in the Pack Fee for every $100 in popcorn sold. (You must sell $100 to qualify for this deduction.)
Families can use Martin’s cards proceeds to offset the all or part of the registration costs.
|Pack Fee Matrix (2010 – 2011)|
|National Dues||Boys’ Life||Pack Fee||Total|
|Webelos II Cub Scout with Boys’ Life||$16.00||$12.00||$50.00||$78.00|
|Webelos II Cub Scout without Boys’ Life||$16.00||$0.00||$50.00||$66.00|
|All other Cub Scouts with Boys Life||$16.00||$12.00||$75.00||$103.00|
|All other Cub Scouts without Boys Life||$16.00||$0.00||$75.00||$91.00|
Your recharter package must be turned in at the October Pack Meeting – if you do not turn in your materials at the October meeting, you will not be re-registered with the Pack. We will set up a collection station specifically for recharter materials. This will allow your materials to be reviewed so that any mistakes can be caught and so that any questions can be answered on site.
The Pack maintains a website and has also posted Pack activities in local newspapers, so this year the form will also include a space for you to indicate your disapproval to allow your son’s image to be posted on the Pack website and any newspapers. If you do not indicate otherwise, we will use your son’s image.
Thank you for your assistance!
Here is the recharter packet: Recharter Letter 2010-2011 – 09202010
Yours in Scouting,
Pack 883 Committee Chair