Do you like to scrapbook? Do you have a passion for history? Are you a good writer?
I have recently received three old Pack 883 scrapbooks and a short written history of Pack 883, and in honor of the 100th Anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America, I would like to embark on a project to show off our storied history.
I am looking for one person or a small team of people who would be willing to create a Pack 883 history page on our website. The scope of work is pretty simple:
1. Take the written history that has been provided and expand it.
- Interview previous Cub Scouts and leaders – where are they now?
- Find pages from old newspapers and from the Historical Society
- Expand the information we have about the 35+ years the Pack has been in existence.
- (The sky is the limit here – you can make this as big or as small as you would like.)
2. Using the photographs in the scrapbooks and the expanded written history, create an exciting Pack 883 history page (or pages) on the website that celebrates all of the great things this Pack has done over the years
- Don’t worry – if you have never added a page to a website, it’s really easy…we have people who can help with the technical part. We just need creative people to put the page together.
3. Using the old Pack 883 scrapbooks, update the scrapbooks for easier viewing
4. Using the plastic bin provided in our attic storage area, store the historical information you gather
5. Any other ideas are welcome
The goal would be to complete the project by the end of 2010.
You would be able to have a small budget for this project, but you will have to come to the committee with a list of the materials you will need (and their associated costs).
If you are interested in handling this project or leading this group, please email me at email@example.com.
Please call me at (410) 977-2956 if I can be of any additional assistance.
Yours in Scouting,